Methods Of Oil Production
A successful exploration stage leads to the discovery of oil or gas deposits valuable to be produced. Petroleum and production engineers handle the daily management of oil and gas production operations and help to maximize profitability by increasing revenue and lowering operating expenses.
Production engineer responsibilities include:
- Production monitoring and evaluation
- Asset management planning
- Workover design and execution
- Production equipment design
- Cost estimating and budgeting
- Interfacing with working interest partners, service companies and regulatory agencies
Oil extraction and recovery can be achieved by using various methods for the best reservoir performance. The very basic ones through which more and more oil can be produced, are the following quite complicated and expensive, but certainly leading to higher rates of production.
Photos: Primary recovery - Secondary recovery - Enhanced recovery